Tuesday 3 November 2015

Creating a Maths Essential Agreement



I had this idea while reflecting with my students about the words they had chosen when breaking down the Central Idea. Most kids thought that I was going to circle words like SOLVE or ANSWER as words that I thought were essential, but instead I was inspired by words such as

Mystery (be curious)
Talk 
Fixing (experiment)
Think
Difficulty (make mistakes)
Help others

I was surprised and happy that these words came out of their mouths. Normally, when I am creating Essential Agreements I am pushing students towards words that I want them to include. 

Doing this activity reinforced my belief that treating Maths like we treat a Unit of Inquiry just makes sense!

Before we start each maths lesson now we refer to our E.A!





No comments:

Post a Comment